About Me

I want to share with the world my experiences of living a life sandwiched between Canada and India. Life might be crazy at your end, but I bet you will be amused by what I get to see often.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

mom n me

I just realized that the only person whom I can ask to cook for me is my mom. She comes to my room and says 'come on, let's make dinner' and I say 'Go! make dinner mom'. By the time I am done with my laptop or studying or chatting or other miscellaneous deeds that occupy most of my time, dinner is already made.

I have a very complicated relationship with my mom-she hurts me but I realize it's unintentional. The way she was raised molded her values and her attitude, she never challenged those beliefs- and that's what makes her the person she is today. These values clash with mine and it hurts me all the time- I love those moments when I realize it's not her fault but it's just the way she is.

I love her but I hurt her too, I wish I wouldn't hurt her or woudn't argue with her but then that wouldn't be me. It's complicated but it works! It is the only way things could work :)
Strange!

2 comments:

  1. you have a mother board Samrita, then you have your mother tongue ? Which is your mother country ? Then you are surrounded by mother nature. And you walk on mother earth. Mother takes it all. Mother doesn't ask what do i get for all my giving for all the sacrifices i have made. You know you can't do without your mom. Mother is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so simple and so very touching without any fancy words

    ReplyDelete